Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Two Weeks...

Two Weeks Left Until I Fly

Visa clipart
Got my Visa for Thailand!
In just two short weeks I will be on my way to Chiang Mai, Thailand to begin working with Stop Slavery.

I received my visa back just a few days ago, which was the last major step in the process of going to Thailand. It went through without any problems, and it is very comforting to know I can check that box off my list of things to do.

I am amazed as all the details that are coming together, which is very nice since there isn't much time left! I am really looking forward to getting to Thailand and starting on the projects that need to be done.

Many generous friends and family have stepped up to support me, both in prayer and financially - what an encouragement! If you want to know more about joining with me to help stop human trafficking, visit how to join in support.

As my departure gets closer, I find myself stopping and thinking, 'Why am I doing this?' Then I am reminded of two things: First, I am encouraged because God loves justice, and He wants us to love justice as well. He also wants to use us to enact justice in the world. We are responsible for helping those in desperate situations, where they think no one can help them. My hope is that I will be able to accomplish this while working in Thailand, and that my efforts will make it easier for others in the future to bring criminals to justice, and bring hope to the hopeless.

Second, what an opportunity and adventure this will be! There will be plenty of challenges, but there will also be plenty of rewarding and memorable experiences, so I am really looking forward to the next 8 months.

I will be posting on this blog as often as possible, keeping it updated with news and adventures. Leave a comment if you want to share your thoughts. You can also subscribe by email to receive these updates in your inbox. (just enter you email in the box at the bottom of the right sidebar)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment