Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Review of 7 Months in Thailand

thai market bugs
Only $1 for a bag of bugs

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

I'll be honest with you, living in Thailand was a blast.

Each day offered new adventures and challenges, whether it was trying to figure out exactly what you were eating, or getting through a crazy morning commute, you always had to be on your toes. Each day was also rewarding, as I learned more about Thailand, and worked on exciting projects for Stop Slavery.

There were plenty of struggles and stresses along the way, but these are just opportunities to learn and grow.

I want to share with you a short graphic that hopefully gives you an idea of some of the things I did, and experiences I enjoyed:

thailand graphic numbers
Click to view full - A short graphic with some numbers
There were plenty of exciting stories from my time in Thailand (like riding a moto-taxi through Bangkok). And I will always remember the villages and orphanage I visited in Cambodia. These are experiences that I can learn and grow from.

handing out bibles
Pastor Paul handing out Bibles
I am amazed at how much I learned from spending just seven short months overseas. I learned a great deal in my field of work, getting more experience with blogging, social media, internet marketing and WordPress.

I learned a lot about the current situation of modern slavery not only in Southeast Asia, but throughout the world and had the opportunity to meet people and see organizations heavily involved in anti-trafficking efforts.

God's faithfulness and blessings in my own life were incredible to see, and experience.  I come away recognizing that sometimes when we take small steps and risks, God blesses it in big ways.

I also developed awesome new friendships and was encouraged by so many people who are living overseas because that's where God wants them, and they were willing to go.

cambodia
Smiling kids in Cambodia
We each have opportunities, whether in our home town, or across the globe, and these opportunities might be challenging, but they often lead to greater things. I was blessed with the opportunity to go to Thailand, and what a fun time it was.

Thanks to everyone who supported and prayed for my trip. It has left an indelible mark on my life and I am grateful for the opportunity.

I have plenty more I would love to share, so if you want to learn more about Thailand, stay tuned to this blog, or get in contact using the form on the contact page.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment