Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sunsets and Sunrises

A Month to Go!

Palms at Sunset
Lately I've been stopping to enjoy the sunsets and sunrises in Chiang Mai and it has given me time to reflect on the 6 months I've already spent here in Thailand.

I am amazed at how fast 6 months can go, it seems like just days ago I was setting out to Thailand to work with Stop Slavery. At that time, I wasn't quite sure what I would be doing, but I was ready to jump in wherever needed.

Upon arriving I quickly joined in on the exciting project of starting Stone in Shoe, an artwork company with the dual purpose of selling great art, and supporting anti-trafficking through awareness and funding.

My background in internet marketing made it easy for me to join in with the small team in launching a start-up. I enjoy working on the SEO and Content Marketing, figuring out how to market and develop the site.

Dew at Sunrise
And now, almost 6 months later, we have a website (mostly) finished, relationships with artists, printers, framers, and suppliers created, and a pretty good idea of where we are going. There have been a handful of challenges along the way, and some things have just taken longer than expected. In other areas we have found surprising breakthroughs, so its been an up and down ride so far.

But sometimes I wonder if I'm doing enough, if I'm accomplishing what I thought I would get done.

I want to make a difference, to do as much as possible, but I have to remember two things: First, I have certain skills and abilities, and I should focus on using my strengths in the ways I can (I shouldn't, for example, try to write and perform a song to raise money or awareness, because that would end terribly). Second, God has prepared things for me to do, and so I should focus on doing the things created for me to do, and not worry about things I shouldn't be doing.

It is quite freeing when you start to realize that you're not supposed to do everything.

Krabi, Thailand

So over the next month I'll be focusing on doing as much as I can in the areas I can make the biggest impact, especially, the Stone in Shoe project.

If you're interested in learning more about Stone in Shoe, you can follow the link to the website, or contact me in a comment below, or on the contact page.

Thanks for reading, and I hope that you are also living in your strengths, and not worrying about the things you're not called to do.

PS - Hope you enjoy these pictures of sunsets and sunrises from Chiang Mai.

Sunrise in Chiang Mai




No comments:

Post a Comment