Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I'm In the Airport!

As I write this, I am waiting in the Mobile, AL airport to board my plane and head to Thailand, I am so encouraged by the many people who have generously partnered with me and helped make this trip happen. I am excited to say that my trip is more than 4/5ths fully funded!

The support from so many people makes me even more excited to get to Thailand and focus on the challenges and opportunities in fighting human trafficking.

A huge thank you to everyone who is praying for my trip, and for those supporting me financially!

It is very exciting for me to be on my way to Chiang Mai, a big step towards joining the fight against human trafficking.

I will be flying into Atlanta, then on to Seoul after a long flight across the Pacific. Then one more flight and I arrive in Chiang Mai Thursday evening, local time.

For those who might be interested in learning more about human trafficking, and more broadly, injustice in the world, I would recommend a book I recently read called Good News About Injustice by Gary Haugen. It had some pretty good information covering the different injustices that exist, including human trafficking, why they exist, and how we can be involved in fighting for justice.

Prayers as I travel would be appreciated. I look forward to posting more on here as I arrive in Thailand and begin working. Leave a comment with any thoughts or questions.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more updates about how God is using you to spread His gospel message while saving those souls trapped in earthly slavery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter,
    We just saw Button's posting about your trip. We met you last year at her graduation. This mission trip of yours is so exciting to learn about. I think the daughter of a friend of ours is there also to fight trafficking. I'll have to see if she's close to where you are at. You will be in our prayers and we may even be able to help with your support. Walk with God and His people and we pray protection for you and your fellow workers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you made it, Peter! We are praying for you. We'll miss you at ultimate today...

    - Chris Hill & family

    ReplyDelete